Creates and oversees global advertising campaigns for various brands and divisions of Lenovo. Directs copy and design across interactive, broadcast, social, and print.
Responsible for developing and overseeing global brand voice for INFINITI as executed through content creation and social advertising. Led all INFINITI social content creation and management with ACD/AD. Office closed.
Oversaw a team of writers and designers to craft award-winning creative integrated across interactive, social advertising, and content creation. Also served as a strategist, guiding a rebrand for a top national franchise, leading and presenting pitches, and supporting business development for creative and media with sales materials, case studies, white papers, and more.
- Wrote content across interactive, social and broadcast for clients including New Balance, NBA, Sky Zone, 5hour Energy, shopDisney, UFC GYM, TRX Training and more
- Served as lead strategist on large national accounts and new business pitches
- Led the rebrand of Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Parks, including research, positioning, brand identity, marketing strategies and campaign execution
- Recognized at the 2017 Digiday Awards, Webby Awards, and Communicator Awards
- Mentored younger writers and designers on client work and new business pitches
- Contributed significantly to the development of agency marketing materials to support business development
Held a dual role as copywriter and strategist, leading key marketing programs for Kawasaki USA. Created brand campaign platforms, contributed to an enterprise-level web redesign, developed all paid and organic social media strategy, wrote award-winning broadcast TV, and managed a team of community managers and writers to do much of the same.
- Wrote copy for broadcast, interactive, print, radio, and social
- Oversaw brand voice across all creative, editing a team of junior writers
- Developed initial strategies, creative platforms, and tactics for brand and sub-brand campaigns, integrated across all media
- Wrote creative briefs for internal creative and client teams
- Created and implemented first-ever social media and content strategies for Kawasaki
- Presented strategies and executions to clients, including C-level US executives and parent company executives in Japan, Europe, and Latin America
- Responsible as writer for millions of organic video views and millions more from paid efforts
Created real-time social media coverage of Monster Energy / Kawasaki racing, product reveals, and other brand events
- Developed the initial strategy and creative platform, as well as global launch materials, for the world’s first and only supercharged production motorcycles: The Kawasaki Ninja H2/H2R
- Collaborated with clients and internal devs on a major redesign of Kawasaki.com
Served as the sole copywriter for Ford & Lincoln’s online advertising group, covering, digital video, partner integrations, emerging media, and digital media across all Ford and Lincoln models.
- Developed initial strategies and creative tactics for brand and sub-brand campaigns in digital media
- Wrote copy for flash and rich media banners, online advertorial integrations, web video, and other media
- Presented executions to clients
- Worked as a part of the team that brought the massively successful Ford Mustang Customizer to Xbox 360, while also driving over five million Mustang builds through social and digital media—partially via a Yahoo takeover that received more interactions than any ad ever. This campaign led to a 60% increase in Facebook fans for Ford Mustang.
- Collaborated directly with Facebook as an initial beta launch partner for brand timeline pages, creating timeline experiences for the master Ford brand and Ford Mustang.
- Wrote scripts (and even produced music) for one of the industry’s first and most successful web and social content campaigns: Doug, Ford’s Spokespuppet. These videos included collaborations with partners Travelocity and Automobile Magazine.
- Worked on an award-winning interactive campaign for the Ford F-150 Ecoboost Torture Test
Team Detroit: #10 Ad Age Agency A-list
Jonathan is a top tier copywriter and strategist. As a copywriter he is very detail oriented and exceptional at his craft. He has the ability to write and adapt to the various challenges of advertising. Whether it's being writing a radio script, a tv spot, social copy, or for a website Jonathan is the right one for the job.
As a strategist he takes great pride in knowing his audience and uses an abundance of knowledge and research to ensure he's hitting the right cord. Jonathan is not just a guy that comes up with ideas, he can sell them. In a room with clients he is very well spoken, detail oriented and confident.
Above all Jonathan is a very hard worker. He will take on any challenge and put in as much time as needed to produce quality work. Jonathan has a passion for delivering great work every time. I look forward to working with Jonathan in the future.
Simply put, I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor and manager than Jonathan Miller. He immediately made my progression and growth, both at HYFN and in life, a top priority––all while managing a more-than-full workload of his own. I can honestly say each and every day I learned something new from him, either through direct teaching or by watching his expertise shine in the workplace. His passion as a writer, strategic thinker, and mentor is both evident and invaluable.
When it comes to pitching and selling ideas, his astute ability to internalize brand goals and strategically propose solutions for achieving them is truly admirable. He’s a constantly proactive thinker, focusing on the development of fresh ideas and executions to further a business. As a writer, he has an innate ability to translate these strategic goals into creative concepts, effectively landing on copy that’s not only compelling. It’s smart.
But let’s not forget that brands aren’t always established, and that’s truly where Jonathan shines. He possesses the tactical expertise and creative thinking to develop brand strategies where none previously existed––always with a distinct, informed reason for doing so.
All that to say, my time spent working with Jonathan helped craft the writer I am today. He is a mentor any young writer would be lucky to have, and a creative any team or organization could benefit from.
I had the pleasure of working with Jon over the past 3 years. Jon is an extremely rare talent that combines ground-breaking creative ideas and executive-level strategy to create award-winning work.
Jon’s work ethic is second to none. He works tirelessly to become an expert in the products he sells and brings a raft of insights and alternate perspectives that most creative teams rarely see. His commitment to innovative marketing and social strategy provided long-term vision and delivered short-term goals that elevated our work at all levels.
He’s an incredible writer, presenter and communicator who can tackle any challenge and come up with great solutions to make any project even better. He’s versatile, adaptive, collaborative and probably understands marketing and social strategy more than anyone I know.
Jonathan came to Team Detroit as an intern with almost no advertising experience. In the course of his 3-month internship, his performance was so exceptional that we hired him as a full-time copywriter. In his year-and-a-half at Team Detroit Jonathan stepped up to serve as the lone copywriter for the online advertising team - an impressive accomplishment in that there are typically two writers.
Jonathan impressed everyone around him with his unfailing willingness to take on more and more work - and more importantly, get it done on time and well. I can't overstate how valuable Jonathan was to our team; we came to rely on him without reservation to complete his projects on time, to turn in high-quality work, and to handle his projects without any hand-holding.
As an entry-level copywriter, Jonathan had a lot thrown at him in an agency that moves with lightning-like quickness for a client that's renowned for its digital innovation and strict quality standards - he handled it all with a maturity and professionalism far beyond his years. I recommend Jonathan as a copywriter without reservation, not only for the reasons above, but also because of his cooperative, friendly and engaging personality - he's a pleasure to work with.
Jon is great to work with. He is the guy that will do whatever takes to get the job done and is focused on creating great work. People like Jon are rare. What I like best about Jon is that he is super dedicated and driven to find a way. You can confidently give him a task, and know that it will be taken care of. He is a super solid creative.